Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Hawaii Here We Come


I was able to find a very inexpensive Hawaiian vacation trip last week and I booked it for late October. I guess October is Hawaii's off-season so I was able to get roundtrip airfare plus 5 nights stay in a ocean view condo for under $600 per person on Orbitz.

I've attached a picture of the condo where we'll be staying. I have read some good things and some bad things about the place, so I guess we'll see in a few weeks.

Normally, the airfare alone would cost over $600, but I guess I lucked out. I was going to book it for November, but it was even less expensive in October and I figured my parents needed to get away. Yes, it'll be the 4 of us to Oahu. I was there in 1998, but my parents have never been to Hawaii except for stopping over at the airport.

I haven't gotten a chance to tell my boss or co-workers yet about yet another vacation I'm taking. I only have 2 days of vacation left so I'll take it without pay which is no biggie. I'm sure my co-workers will complain as I handle much of the paperwork in the office and when I'm not there, they will be lost and screw something up which I will have to fix when I come back.

On the other hand, if they complain too much and don't approve my vacation, I can always quit my job which I probably will do eventually. I have another vacation coming in late December and then again in late May. Not to mention all the small ones in between.

No comments: