Monday, August 25, 2008

By the Railroad Tracks



This past Saturday was "Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk" day where people around the world gather in small groups to take photos in their home area. I signed up for Oakland because the group in my area was already filled.

Our group met at Jack London Square which is usually filled with tourists so we ventured a little further away into Oakland's industrial area. As I walk by the railroad tracks, I came across a few street people sleeping by the side of the road.

- Karen

7 comments:

dot said...

Sad but true! I think some of them want to be that way. My brother worked for the railroad and he told me about some of the characters that came around.
Enjoyed your pictures.

photowannabe said...

This group sounds interesting. I will have to look them up.
Its sad how many find this their place to call home. Good shots.

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

the second shot is kinda sad. I'll have to check out the photo walk link. Sounds interesting!

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

I checked it out..but I don't see they have another planned. That is REALLY cool AV. Let me know if they schedule another one. I see they have one for Dallas. That would be so cool to participate!!!

Lilli & Nevada said...

Sad to see this, we have a lot of homeless people here. And the worst time is in the winter as it is so bitterly cold here.

AVCr8teur said...

Lilli, we have the same problem here. Usually in the winter, we have shelters that open up for the homeless, but the number of beds are always limited.

Neva said...

of course we see this a lot around here but I am amazed at how many as it gets pretty darn cold here in the winter.....a sad but grim reality of our world.