Friday, August 24, 2007

San Diego Zoo

Entrance to the zoo


Camel posing for the camera


Scary and ugly Giant Cave Roaches


Flamingo shaking off water


Mountain Lion looking for prey


Polar Bear playing in the tank


Here's some photos I took at the zoo today. I think I hiked several miles going through most of the exhibits. As usual, it was luck to have the animals cooperating for photographs. Most were sleeping or taking up shade in the distance. Those exhibits where I couldn't find the animal, I wondered if they were hiding or if they escaped. :P

By the way for you camera nuts, this was my first real chance to try out my new Canon EF 28-200mm USM lense. It works much better than my Tamron 18-200mm XR Di II lense which I have since sold.

- AV

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

San Diego Zoo! Luckyeeeeee!! Great shots, Av, I bet you are loving your new Canon EF 28-200mm USM lense, I know I would be :D .

LOL, that camel looks he/she is puckering up and looking for a kiss with that picture. And the polar bear pic is classic with the shapes of the individuals showing. Beautiful work , AV, encore, encore!

Too cool, take care, AV, happy trails!

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Looks like that lens is working quite well, even if it is a Canon (just kidding about the Canon part).

My brother lived in San Diego for about 10 years and I got to visit the zoo several times. I really love the plant collection there. I don't think my brother has forgiven me for the time I told him I was visiting for a week and stayed three months (December, January and Feb. of course). What a glorious time.

AVCr8teur said...

Scott, Yep I was at the Zoo. I'm finally taking pictures again since I was so frustrated with my Tamron lense. I love catching animals or people doing funny poses so thanks for the comments!

AVCr8teur said...

Digital Flower, I take it you're a Nikon user? There always seem to be some sort of rivalry between Canon & Nikon users. Hahaha! San Diego is a fun place to visit except that I come down here a few times a year so I'm a little tired of the touristy thing.

Dee said...

Wow, that looks amazing. I would love to go to the San Diego Zoo one day.

AVCr8teur said...

Hi Dee, I would love to go to New Zealand some time too. :)