Thursday, September 10, 2009

A&W Drive-In, Part 2

At the same Modesto A&W Restaurant, the vintage "Papa Burger" character forever stands proudly holding his favorite A&W sandwich and Soft-Serve Cone.


"Baby Burger", the youngest of the Burger family.
Just like the 2 characters, if you ordered a "Papa Burger" sandwich you would get double the meat than the "Baby Burger".
There was also a "Mama Burger" and "Teen Burger", but I do not remember their contents. Does anyone remember?



These "Mama Bear" and "Papa Bear" characters were posted outside the women's and men's bathroom doors, respectively. A customer or two spied me taking pictures of them and they probably thought I was a nut case. Oh well, it is a minor sacrifice to entertain readers.


A little play area for kids.


- Karen

7 comments:

rainfield61 said...

I found my toys in your post.

fortuitous faery said...

i wonder if goldilocks is aware of this bear family! how adorable!

LR Photography said...

Great post Karen!

photowannabe said...

So do you have to be a kareoke singer to use the bear restrooms????
Love A&W . We used to have one on the beach in Pacifica. Now that place is a Taco Bell with the most gorgeous view of the ocean.

AVCr8teur said...

Thank you everyone for your comments!

Rainfield: Which toys do you have? :) I sadly do not have any A&W toys.

Fortuitous Faery: Haha! I think Goldilocks had her hands full with her own bear family. :D

Photowannabe: No, you don't have to be a karaoke singer to use the restrooms. What a relief! :D The karaoke flyers were posted on the bathroom doors asking for karaoke singers for their Saturday shows. I should've taken a full picture of the flyer. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Unknown said...

Oh they are looking for a singer. My sister would love this but we are not on your place. =( Anyways, love the post. ;D

Solo
Travel and Living
Job Hunt Pinoy

Kcalpesh said...

These are cute. They remind me of my childhood days so much! :-)