Friday, August 28, 2009

Train Interiors

Following up with my previous post in Niles, we happened to be there when several newly restored trains were opened to the public for the first time. Our conductor at the entrance volunteered to pose for pictures.


Built in 1954 with larger windows, this Southern Pacific #293 train, traveled between Oakland, CA and Portland, OR.
I have not made up my mind about the red seats.


My favorite, the Southern Pacific #1975, the "All Day Lunch" car.


Southern Pacific #2979 lounge car built in 1912 looked the most comfortable and cozy.


- Karen

3 comments:

Christian BOCHET said...

Hello,

un petit bonjour en passant.

Christian

dot said...

I like the red seats! I've always wanted to eat in one of those dining cars.

LR Photography said...

Sweet post Karen I love this trains.