Friday, February 29, 2008

Shaking Man & More On Urge

This sculpture by Terry Allen is called The Shaking Man. He is here to greet all those who enter into the Yerba Buena Gardens.


Regarding an update on my Tuesday post Urge. Apparently, if you sit on the bench in front of Urge and weigh more than 130lbs. (59kg), the statue will sit. When you stand up, it will stand up. Wow, an interactive statue. How cool is that!!!

Funny thing is that I don't remember anyone sitting on the bench when I took the picture. Kind of spooky if you ask me.

Happy Leap Day,
AV

10 comments:

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

I thought my hubby had taken a photo of me next to this guy, back in 2005 (you made me go through my archives!); it turned out to be another sculpture, very similar to this one, but the guy rather than "shaking" is about to be blown away (neck tie over his shoulder, flying jacket).

Happy Leap Day to you too. :)

dot said...

What a great sculpture! Interesting about your last photo. I'd like to have seen that for sure!

AVCr8teur said...

Fenix: I think I know what statue you are referring to, but I'm not sure I saw it in SF or in someone's blog. :) Sorry that I made you look through your archives. I don't like doing that myself.

Dot: I would like to have seen that Urge statue move myself. I've got to go back there to investigate.

Lynette said...

Oh, I really like this statue and the photo you've given us of it. Thanks.

Gerald (SK14) said...

lovely statue

Anonymous said...

Whilst living in San Francisco (now Sydney Australia), I never could really grasp this statue. It always kinda make me uncomfortable.

AVCr8teur said...

Stefan, I don't blame you. I walked through this park at night and have seen this statue. Eerie.

lina said...

even in your photo, the statue look like its moving its hand and feet rapidly. cool effect.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Well i think if that statue actually moved i would get freaked out for sure, Ok go back and see.

AVCr8teur said...

Lina/Lilli & Nevada: The statue does have multiple hands and feet so it's not any photographic magic. :P Believe me, if it moves, I will be the first one running.