Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Your Blogging Schedule



One top blogger says he spends 20 minutes a day tops writing his own blog. Is that all it takes? Ever since I started blogging last September, I find myself constantly thinking of new topics or taking new pictures to share.

I know it keeps my mind active for material. Boring subjects are deadly as well as taking long breaks from writing to where your audience loses interest and goes elsewhere.

So, how much time do you spend writing your own blog AND surfing to other blogger sites?

I want to thank Lifesinger at Celebrate Life - Daily! for tagging me yesterday. I had to come up with 5 songs that impacted my life. It's my first tag and the hardest. I can't say there are 5 songs that really impacted my life. Sad, huh?

- AV


(Note: Cartoon borrowed from www.ahajokes.com)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too much time!! As soon as I stop blogging and try to surf for a bit, I find more material to blog about. Even when I am off of the pc, I am still coming up with ideas for future blogs. I can't complain though, I love it! And, besides, busy is good.

My name is Scott and I am addicted to blogging.


Good luck with those 5 songs, I am interested to see which ones you choose.

AVCr8teur said...

Hi Big Scott, Glad I'm not the only one addicted to blogging and the internet. Being busy is extremely good. Keeps us out of trouble. :)

UGN said...

All I know is I spend way too much time. It is addicting. I have been trying to post at least once a day and I havn't learned that not every post has to be an earth-shaker.

AVCr8teur said...

Hi UNG, Thanks for commenting. If you have something earth-shaking to post everyday, more power to you. I wish I was that creative. :)

Cromely said...

I set a goal of posting 5 out of 7 days. But even then, I spend anywhere from ten minute to and hour a day on mine.

Part of the trick, though, on days when I come up with a bunch of stuff to post is to write it and save it as a draft. Then on slow days, I finalize the draft. It makes it easier for me to post consistently.

And it keeps it from taking over my life.

But if I wasn't posting, I'd be reading anyway.

AVCr8teur said...

Hi Cromely, Thanks for commenting. I do something similar by placing future postings in draft mode. Some days I have so much to say, but have to restrain myself and save them for later.

Anonymous said...

Have to keep batting away the webs of dust holding me to my chair. I loved this cartoon as I tend to forget the time while I am writing, searching photos or uploading them and hanging out in the BC community. Am I hooked? Is there a cure?

AVCr8teur said...

Hi Theresa111, Thanks for dropping by. Do you really want to be cured of internet and blog additions? :P