Sunday, June 03, 2007

I'm Hired, Sort Of...

After 2 weeks of being out, I returned to see a disturbing message in my email inbox. A well-known company sent me an email stating I was just hired for a position within their company. Okay, I know I'm good, but I never applied or even submitted my resume to them. Wow, I even have an employee number and paperwork to sign! However, if this was all true, I would've missed my first week at work as I was on vacation. :P

To clear up this mystery, I emailed the HR department and informed them of their mistake. I was told another person with the same exact name and similar email address was hired, but they sent the information to me instead. Talk about disturbing. Hmmm, I wonder what would have happened if I had actually reported to work. Hahahaha!

- AV

5 comments:

Sue said...

Hope you're Dad's OK! Love the pictures. Thank you for sharing.

Who wants a job anyway. I don't have time to work. I just keep buying lottery tickets, one of these days my ship will come in.

I work for the State of Michigan and probably won't have a job much longer. Downsize-cut-optimize

Sue

(I'm just a holdover from when you were Dr. John's blog of the day)

AVCr8teur said...

Hi Sue, I remember you. Thanks for dropping by again! Sorry to hear about your job. You'll get a better one! Hope to see you again soon. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL, that's weird, AV! So, "when do I get paid" would be my next question.

Sorry I have been not as present for the past few, been a little busy bee! In addition to my BIG list of chores for Wallhogs, I got a new project that me and my friend are working on called Swamble. It's sweeeeeet!


Take care, AV.

AVCr8teur said...

Hi Swamble Scott. I joined Swamble, but not quite sure what it's about. :(

Anonymous said...

Hey, AV, thanks for joining! Swamble is basically a place for family/friends/co-workers/fellow Swamblers to compete in a fun and friendly manner...here, straight from our FAQ:

"What the heck is Swamble?
Swamble is a social community where users can compete, in a fun and friendly manner, over anything and everything, ranging from sports and celebrity related topics to business expectations and stock predictions to just about anything else that individuals want to compete/argue over."


Just a fun place with a whole lot of community feel. We are just getting started and it is so exciting to see it develop day by day. Thanks again for joining, AV, Gerard and I really appreciate it!