Saturday, June 02, 2007

I'm Back Finally


After 2 weeks of being out, I'm ready to blog again. I returned last Monday after a week-long trip to the 30th anniversary of Star Wars convention in downtown LA. Since I was volunteering at the convention, it was hard work. Much harder than actually working and earning money, but the people you meet and the experience were priceless! I worked backstage and got to see Seth Green and Matt Senreich creators of "Robot Chicken", Seth MacFarlane creator of the "Family Guy", Charlie Ross of the "One Man Star Wars Trilogy", lots and lots of "Star Wars" & "Indiana Jones" legends such as Lorne Peterson, Phil Tippett, Jon Berg, Dennis Muren, ...etc. and worked with the very cool host Scott Chernoff.

Unfortunately, on the day I was returning from LA, I got a call from my mom saying my dad is having chest pains and is on the way to the hospital in an ambulance. It took us 5 hours to drive home and we drove straight to the hospital in San Francisco. And, I spent the last several days in the hospital while my dad had the stent in his artery replaced as the one that was put in 18 months ago broke which caused is artery to be blocked thus resulting in a mild heart attack. It's not how I wanted my fun week in LA to end, but my dad is back home now and resting.

- AV

4 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Sorry about your dad..I hope he gets better soon :) Hey, I know about being gone and coming back. Catching up is heck!!!

AVCr8teur said...

Thanks Dana! Catching up is the price you pay for having fun.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, AV, sorry about the sudden flash of troubling news, I hope all is well.

p.s. nicessss photographs!

AVCr8teur said...

Thanks Big Scott. All is well now. Thanks for asking.

- AV