Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Bridal Shower Gift

Last week I received an invitation to attend a friend's bridal shower luncheon. Since I have not attended too many showers in my days, do you have any suggestions for gifts?

Come to think of it, my husband and I kind of "eloped" so I never had my own bridal shower. I wouldn't have liked all the attention anyways.

Okay, I digress...so my friend is in her mid-20's. We are not close although we belong to a similar organization and see each other at least once a month; however, most of our conversations are about general subjects.

So, what do you give a gal who is non-traditional, non-conservative, non-cooker, non-fancy, ...etc. I'm thinking a gift basket. Can't go wrong, right?

- AV

(Note: Image from www.weddingtshirtsandgifts.com)

4 comments:

Dee said...

Has your friend and her soon-to-be husband been living together? It's always easier if they are 'setting' up house.

I'm never a fan of vouchers, but they are a good back up, if no other good ideas come to mind.

AVCr8teur said...

Hi Dee, yes they have been living together in a small apartment. Thanks for responding. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Anonymous said...

Gift basket sounds nice. Maybe see where they are "registered" and you can either pick from there or get an idea of what she's looking for. Good luck, have fun!

AVCr8teur said...

Hi Big Scott, thanks for the suggestion. I'm thinking they might be registered for the wedding, but not the bridal shower. Now, what to put in the gift basket. ;P