Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Palm Springs Air Museum

I don't know one plane from another, but hubby loves jets so we stopped off briefly at the air museum. Since we wanted to get to the next destination, we just stayed outside to snap a few pictures. The museum has on display a host of planes outside where anyone can see and touch like the one in the background in this photo.


This is the exterior view of the museum. It was probably used as a airport administration building in the past since it is right next to the Palm Springs Airport.


This memorial honors those pilots who won the Distinguished Flying Cross medal after showing heroism or extraordinary achievement during aerial flight.


Not sure the name of this statue placed in the museum's lobby, but I like the colors and how it brings the feeling of patriotism.


Click here for more information about this attraction. According to their website, the museum has one of the largest World War II warplane collections if you are interested in that sort of thing.

- Karen

6 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

This is a place I would like. I like the statue.

Lilli & Nevada said...

We like air museum too. I would like to see this one

dot said...

I love the statue of the boy.

Neva said...

I love the statue with the flag...looks like a great place if you are into WWII....

eastcoastlife said...

I would love to look at the old planes and maybe take a photo in one! :)

lina said...

I totally agree with you. The statue of the boy holding the flag certainly invokes a deep sense of patriotism.