Thursday, September 27, 2007

Autumn Moon Festival

Beauty queens at the festival


San Francisco Mayor Newsom marching in the Autumn Moon Festival Parade


View of the San Francisco Bay Bridge from Treasury Island


Dragon Boat racers going neck to neck


I visited San Francisco with some friends last weekend because I was itching to take some new photos. Weather-wise it was the worse weekend for months, but luckily for us the rain held off. We headed to Chinatown to see the Autumn Moon Festival which consists of a big street fair and a short parade.

Eventhough I lived in the Bay Area all my life, I had never visited Treasure Island. However, I lucked out this particular weekend when I was there to see the annual dragon boat races. From what seems like hundreds of teams took turns racing each other up and down the cove. But, after watching a few races, I was bored as I had no vested interest in any of the teams, but here's few photos to share with you.

- AV

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. It seems like there is always something worth getting out for (and taking pictures of) in the bay area, even if it is just to enjoy the lovely weather and scenery. Definitely looked a bit gloomy/over cast on that particular outing...glad the rain held off!

AVCr8teur said...

Hi Scott, I had a blast. There's always something going on around here. There's the Ren Faire, Fleet Week, Pumpkin Festival, ...etc.