Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Beantown here I come

Hubby is going to Boston next month for a conference and I'll be tagging along since I have never been before. I originally had reservations because it's still winter and it's freakin' freezing over there, but this is a good opportunity.

I spent the morning checking out their subway system, where to go, and what to do. I have 3 full days so I'm planning on a 1-day trip taking the Old Town Trolley which gives a narrated 2 hour tour and on-off privileges at 17 sites. The other days will be roaming around at the Faneuil Marketplace, New England Aquarium, and Harvard University campus.

As long as it doesn't snow, I think I might be able to live with the below 30 degree weather. :O I'll be the bundled up roly-poly on the tour bus. Who is crazy enough to be on vacation in such harsh weather?

Although I do remember volunteering to visit our Toronto office during the dead of winter while I worked at Sun Microsystems. I had a chance drive in a snow blizzard for the first time and visit the partially frozen Niagara Falls.

- AV

No comments: