Friday, December 01, 2006

Learning to Relax

It's a little over a month since I last blogged. I thought about giving it up due to a lack of time, but I met some nice people so I'm thinking about keeping it up...for now anyways.

I don't like to have lots of free time to do nothing. I'm under this notion that life is short so I try to get involved with lots of things all at once...and this stresses me out.

Here's what I''m involved with at the moment. These are not listed in order...

1. There's my regular job
2. Involvement in 3 volunteer organizations, one of which I am the president until Dec. 31, 2006!
3. Projects within each volunteer organization
4. Taking a class to learn video editing which is finally ending soon!!!
5. Visiting my parents
6. Going to the gym
7. Having dinner with the family regularly

Did I forget anything??? Oh yeah, having time to myself to relax. The only time I have is in the evenings after I'm done with all these other tasks so I can relax, but that means I won't sleep until midnight and I'm tired in the morning. The whole cycle starts over the next day and so on...

Been doing this for so long over the years that I might have developed a ulcer or something.

Well, I am finally trying to learn to relax. So what if I don't finish my homework, complete a project, or arrive on time because I have to look out for my health. I'm even trying to relax while driving which is amazing because I'm usually a speed demon on the roads.

Any tips you have to relax, pass it on my way.

Thanks for listening. (Breathe in, breathe out)

- AV

2 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

You've asked the wrong person about relaxing - ha ha. I am not very good at it either!!! But deep breathing may be the start of it. I have found I have been neglecting blogging as of late too..but I'm ok with that. I'd rather be "up on" my "real" life than on blogging. But, I do like reading and keeping up with my blogging friends too. I'm jealous of your Hawaii trip by the way!

Anonymous said...

It is good to see you back & blogging again! My best advice on relaxing is to go out and buy an Enya cd..come home and fill the bath tub with warm water and bubbles, un-wrap the cd, pop it in the cd player, light a few candles and turn the lights out. Get in and let Enya work her magic. I promise you she won't let you down. Happy relaxing!!