Friday, January 15, 2010

Group Exercise

Early Saturday morning, people in Beijing gather at this huge public park to join in on group exercises.
With so many active people, it makes one motivated to get in shape.


Another group here is performing Tai Chi, a type of martial arts usually practiced as a form of meditation and exercise.


See the concentration in this group practicing Tai Chi with a ball and racket. I think the goal is to use flowing motions without dropping the ball.


Have a nice weekend!

- Karen

3 comments:

TZ said...

I saw that in the parks @ downtown Shanghai... :)

Joanne Olivieri said...

When in Hong Kong I went over to Kowloon each morning to watch Tai Chi along the promenade. I even tried it at one point but due to my balance issues, I didn't do very well. It's a very peaceful and serene exercise to watch. Cool photos.

betchai said...

though i saw some people doing tai chi, but did not see taichi here that uses racket and ball, so interesting.