Sunday, January 17, 2010

Drive-In Service



As a kid, I remember my parents driving to a fast food restaurant, park, and a waiter would come out to take our order without us ever having to leave our car. When the order came, it would hang over the side of the window just like in the picture.

I miss the uniqueness of the drive-ins and unfortunately, times have changed and most of these are in our memories as opposed to reality.

Does one still exist in your town? Or, do you know of an restaurant that has a unique way of serving its customers?


- Karen

9 comments:

LR Photography said...

I know Karen all be there! Can you please change the coke for a beer!

Happy Hippo said...

mmm, junk food, so tasty :)
but fatty :(

rainfield61 said...

Drive-in service is still available over here, though not very popular.

AVCr8teur said...

Adrian: You got it! Beer coming up!

Happy Hippo: I know. I wished good tasting food was good for you.

Rainfield61: Really? Maybe that's why all of them went away here too. :(

Unknown said...

Mcdonads in our city is just the same thing. But its taking so long before order is ready sometimes :(

Jules
Soloden.Com
Travel and Living

Joanne Olivieri said...

I remember it well and very much enjoyed drive-ins. We had a couple in the city and in Daly City though I don't know of any around any longer. I miss those days.

fortuitous faery said...

Sonic Burger! But the closest Sonic in my neck of the Jersey woods is still quite a drive. I love how some of the servers bring your food in rollerskates!

Jen said...

We have one in our town, not the best part of town however. They serve great food though they gave up serving it on roller skates years ago.

photowannabe said...

Yes, I was going to say Sonic's too. We have one in Roseville that serves pretty good food and the servers bring the meals on roller skates.