Friday, January 12, 2007

Ramblings for the Week

I didn't mention this before, but my 75 year-old uncle-in-law had another stroke on New Year's Eve. After spending a few weeks in the hospital, he's now in rehab to re-learn how to walk and move one side of his arm again. Our family feels sorry for him because he is always angry at something or somebody. He has all this money, but refused to spend it when he could and now he has to spend it on his hospital bills.

When he was well, he would drive all around town everyday just to save a few cents on specific grocery items. He would yell at his son and daughter-in-law for trivial things like parking their car a little crooked in the garage or not stacking items neatly in the refrigerator. Go figure.

My dad just had aortic stent surgery earlier this week to increase the blood flow to his legs. He had major surgery last year, but still had problems walking by having to rest every half a block. Hopefully, this will relieve the problem so he can go about his business.

Well, I'm updating my resume again. According to the grapevine, I'll be getting a new manager soon. I think it's time to move on to a satisfying job, but I just hate going through the rig'em & roll of sending resumes, filling out applications, writing cover letters, and interviewing. The positives about my job now is location and the hours. I'm torn between these 2 things versus a satisfying job and working longer hours for more pay. Time is more important to me than money at this point in my life.

I was given a new Cingular BlackJack cell phone for Christmas. For the geek in me, it's the perfect phone. It's slim, makes calls, connects to the internet, productivity tool, plays videos, mp3 player, ...etc. Now I just have to wait to see what the monthly bill looks like. Yikes!

As part of my new year's resolution, I am trying to eat less sweets. Before the holidays, I weighed 6 lbs. more than my normal weight. Believe me, I started to panic since eating sweets is one of my weaknesses and I didn't want all my workouts to go to waste. After trying to eat less in the last few days, it appears I am back to my normal weight. Either that or my scale has a weird sense of humor.

- AV

No comments: