Monday, May 07, 2007

Won 2 Ribbons



As I mentioned a few posts ago, I entered 4 prints in my camera club's annual photo competition and I won 2 Honorable Mention ribbons for the photos displayed above. Not bad since I didn't have time to really try too hard and the competition was fierce. :)

The "Northern Red Anemone" was taken with my slim Casio digital camera during my recent trip to Boston's New England Aquarium. The "Chopsticks" photo was my first attempt to take a still life photo. I saw these colorful chopsticks at a store and I knew there was a picture in there somewhere. However, after I purchased them and brought them home, I photographed them at every angle with my Canon 20D digital camera, but wasn't satisfied with any of the photos. Finally, I thought about buying rice to "add" some extra effect. I would like to think that helped the image.

- AV

8 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

I LOVE the chopsticks picture. Seriously. I love the rice added too. I wish we had a camera club like that. I would love to enter some of my photos. I got some really awesome ones on our trip to the botanical gardens. I published a couple of them on the sidebar of my blog. I just love photography! You did good! I think you deserved more than honorable mention though!

Flowergirl said...

hi
That is a wonderful try.. Though not a photographer, I am admirer of photography ... you may want to check here

www.lookingthroughwindow.blogspot.com

AVCr8teur said...

Hi Sindu, You have some beautiful pictures posted on your blog. Thanks for pointing them out to me.

AVCr8teur said...

Hi Dana, Glad you like the chopsticks photo! I'm sure there are camera clubs in your area. Here's a link to probably one close to you. http://www.photolinks.com/Camera_Clubs.html

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, AV, beautiful images (I like the "Northern Red Anemone" the best!).

AVCr8teur said...

Thanks Big Scott!

Anonymous said...

Great shots. Congratulations. The chopsticks photo is unique.

AVCr8teur said...

Hi Sharon, Thanks for commenting. I always try for the unique shots so no one else has quite the same thing.