Saturday, March 24, 2007

Visiting new places



I meant to post this last week, but I just got too busy.

I brought my car in for its 60,000 miles maintenace at a shop 25 miles away from home. Why did I go so far? Well, my friend works there so I was able to get some discounts. :) Car maintenance ain't cheap!

Anyways, while waiting for my car, I discovered some neat places around town. There's a Pez Museum, interesting building architectures, and the town's historical society museum right next to the train station. At first glance, I thought there were some "people" waiting inside for the train so I tried the door handle only to discover it was locked. I looked through the window and was taken aback by these creepy mannequins standing around wearing vintage clothing. For an instance there, I thought it was something out of the Twilight Zone. Luckily, I wasn't there at night. :O

- AV

2 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

That is odd....I wonder if they had it open as a museum at one time? hmmmm - that would creep me out too!

AVCr8teur said...

Dana, I think there was a sign outside the historical society bldg that said it will be closing and the bldg will be used for something else.

- AV