Thursday, March 15, 2007

Smelling stuffed animals

At a recent visit to the Boston Science Museum, I noticed a few of the nature exhibits included an option of smelling certain animals. I can't remember all of them, but I believe one was a fox display. If you press the button as seen in the picture and get close to the vents, you can get a whiff of how a fox smells in the wild.

This was the first time I have seen such a thing, but apparently, it's in quite a few museums. I wasn't curious enough to breathe in any aromatic smells of a taxidermied animal. I wonder if there is a skunk exhibit out there somewhere to wake up our senses.

- AV

4 comments:

B.R.L said...

My nose does not work so I am afraid that pushing the button would not help me. I am the person they send for when our former dog found the skunk.

Anonymous said...

We have the same thing here at a place called the Nature Realm. They also have this thing where you stick your hand in the hole and feel things and try to fiqure out what it is. It always gives me the creeps!

AVCr8teur said...

Beth, I don't think I want to put my hand into something unknown either. I've seen too many horror flicks. :P

- AV

AVCr8teur said...

Betty, You have a unique skill. :)