Sunday, March 31, 2013

Meet Austin

Happy Easter to anyone who celebrates it!
No bunny or Easter egg photos here, but I do have a picture of a cute koala from the San Francisco Zoo named Austin taken last weekend.

Koalas sleep during the day.
Austin lives in this glass enclosure, but it can't be easy with people staring at you.
There is a sign on the glass to ask visitors not to disturb Austin by being quiet, not to tap on the glass or use flash photography.

Austin yawns.
I imagine he has to accustom himself to getting most of his rest at night.

- Karen

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Austin is one very content looking koala, great shots! Happy Easter!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Austin seems pretty chilled to me. Happy Easter to you!

eileeninmd said...

Austin is cute, I love the Koalas. Great shots! Happy Easter to you!

SandyCarlson said...

Austin is adorable!

LONDONLULU said...

Oh my, he is the sweetest Easter sight! I hope it was a good holiday!

FilipBlog said...

He is certainly cute.

Greetings,
Filip

Linda said...

Austin is adorable!

eastcoastlife said...

awwww.... he's so adorable! Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

How cute. Koalas are also popular here. :)

Susan Demeter said...

Austin is adorable! :)

Jana said...

I love koalas, we saw tons of them in Australia, there we were told that they sleep 20hours a day;-))

Kovács Miklós said...

Austin is a really lovely koala.
I have just read Jana's comment.
20hrs??? It's a lucky bear :)
Greetings, Miklos

ArtandArchitecture-SF.com said...

That last picture isn't as cute and cuddly as I think of Koala's. Fun shots though, good for you for visiting the zoo, I haven't been there in ages, looks like a need a new visit, obviously there are some fun things happening there.

LifeRamblings said...

i love koalas and your photos bring back wonderful memories.

Mandy said...

Aww, what a cutie. I love koalas but believe they are very sensitive to their environment so the no-flash etc sign makes sense.