Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Balloon Races

Attended my first balloon race over the weekend.
Despite the early hour start time to see the balloons get inflated, I was not disappointed.
A little after sunrise, the official balloon of the Great Reno Balloon Race launches with the the playing of the national anthem playing in the background.


Within 30 minutes, the sky is covered with beautiful balloons.
I can't say I quite understand the rules of the race, but it was an awesome sight nevertheless!


I will be out of town next week. Hopefully, I shall return with more photos to share. Have a good week!

- Karen

10 comments:

Indrani said...

This is exciting! So many of them.

rainfield61 said...

The sky is so awesome with this colourful balloons.

eastcoastlife said...

Wow, first time I see so many huge balloons! Awesome sight!

lina said...

What an awesome sight! All those huge balloons up in the air, colouring the sky. :)

Louis la Vache said...

Fantastic, Karen!
It must have been great fun to be there in person!

Emm said...

Oh my, I just love these photos!!! I would love to go up in a balloon, which surprised my husband as I am scared of heights. I call it height intolerance.

LifeRamblings said...

great captures. I've never been on a hot air balloon but riding one looks downright scary. have a wonderful journey.

betchai said...

wow, that's a lot of balloon, never saw that much here.

Ryan said...

Fantastic shots but did you go up in one of those contraptions?

caite said...

I love to look at those balloons...I would never ride in one,but I love to look at them! lol