Friday, August 19, 2011

Go Fishing Like An Egret

Stay still and look. Be patient.
If you see a fish swim by, grab it quickly!
You must not hesitate! It is all in the beak.


Soon, you will be rewarded with a fish.


To maneuver the fish so you can swallow it, twist your head back and forth while manipulating the fish with your beak until it is in the perfect vertical position.


This manipulation might take many tries. It is especially difficult if your fish fights back.
I almost had it vertically here.


Gulp!
Alas, I am successful and the fish is in me now.
This fishing is hard work. I am already hungry again!


- Karen

11 comments:

lina said...

Awesome series of photos. Love the narrative too.:)

betchai said...

oh so cute, pictures are awesome and your description is very right!!! love it.

LifeRamblings said...

great post. such a beautiful bird and i enjoy your commentary.

FilipBlog said...

It is amazing how fast these birds are.

Greetings,
Filip

rainfield61 said...

Such a lovely story, and I like the pictures very much.

Sebab said...

Very beautiful pictures!
Cruise Pictures

chhabi said...

Good series of photo.nice thinking.

Ryan said...

Due to my complete lack of patience, I think I'll stick to visiting the fishmongers.

Interesting Pictures said...

nice photo sequence

Joanne Olivieri said...

Fantastic closeups and reflections. The details are amazing.

BrandNewStudio said...

Thank you for sharing
This Beautiful Pictures
Good creations