Friday, October 22, 2010

It's Heavy

Have you seen such gigantic pumpkins?
These were on display at the 40th Annual Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival.
I didn't realize it until I got home that a little girl was in my photo comparing herself to Gargantua.


Although not a record, this year at the festival a 1,535 lbs. (696 kg) pumpkin; nevertheless, took the prize as the heaviest.
The current world record pumpkin weighed in at 1,810 lbs. (821 kg).
I wonder what they feed it. I can't even get a single blueberry on my plant to grow. Sigh!


The winner and his/her pumpkin get to be in the festival parade.


- Karen

7 comments:

rainfield61 said...

Genetic science has changed the size of the pumpkin.

TZ said...

Wow~ oversize pumpkin...

LifeRamblings said...

wow, amazing! what a heavy-duty pumpkin.

Claudya Martinez said...

The say growers start to resemble their pumpkins, oh wait, I think they say that about dogs. Never mind.

AVCr8teur said...

Rainfield61: Wished they can use that science to help grow food for starving people around the world.

TZ: It's food for the giants.

Life Ramblings: I wonder what it looks like inside.

Unknown Mami: Haha, that's funny!

Joanne Olivieri said...

I'm just dreaming and drooling over all the pumpkin pies that would make.

lina said...

OMG! What huge pumpkins they are! :D