Sunday, February 25, 2007

Bidding Adieu



My good friend Gina and her boyfriend, John, threw a going away party this past weekend. She and John purchased a 3 bedroom/2 bath house with 1 acre of land in Crooked River Ranch*, Oregon a few months ago. The picture above is what I bought for her going-away/new home present.

1st panel reads: "Home is where your story begins"

2nd panel reads: "May your wall know joys; may every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibilities."

I met Gina at the camera club back in 2004 and she and several other members were really friendly which got me to join the club. Now she is moving 9 hours north of here; however, has extended an offer for us to come up to visit her whenever we want to after they're settled in. Her house has a beautiful view of a golf course and the Cascade Mountains. She will have lots of opportunities to take scenic photos, but I don't know if I can live in a small town with only 4000 people and far away from any stores. I guess I'm just a city gal.

- AV

*Photo by Thomas O'Keefe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I haven't been around in awhile. I've kind of had the blogging blue's..if you will. Anyway..

Those are beautiful gifts for your friend. I am sure she is going to love them!