Sunday, February 10, 2013

Grizzly Bear Sightings

After almost a 5 year hiatus from visiting the San Francisco Zoo, I made a trip up there yesterday with another meetup group.
By the time we arrived to the Grizzly Bear area for feeding time, it was already too crowded with people. However, I was able to get this shot behind a fence with the bear in the water looking for food which consisted of what looked like carrots, lettuces, and apples.

After the crowds got bored, I was able to maneuver over to the front to see him clearly, but still it was behind a glass wall.

I did not have any problems taking a picture of this bear, I wonder why.

In any case, the zoo closes at 4pm during the winter season so we did not get to see everything, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching the animals.
I decided to pay for a 1-year membership so I can visit again anytime during the year. It should pay for itself after the 2nd visit. Good deal and for a good cause to help with the upkeep of the zoo.
Look for more animal pictures in the future.

- Karen

10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

I love bears, the second shot is great. Have a happy day!

de engineur said...

Watching n taking pic behind a glass wall is a good idea. I've seen footage of bear snapping the hands of visitors trying to feed it

Emm in London said...

Oh, what a magnificent creature! I love bears but have been warned that I don't want to meet one in the wild.

LONDONLULU said...

What a creature and great captures! I loved the zoo when young, but also underwent a long adult hiatus. How inspiring you are connecting again via a membership.

cocomino said...

How cute First, I remembered koala when I saw these photos :)

Susan Demeter said...

He or she is such a beauty! Great idea getting the membership, they are worthwhile and give a good reason to visit more often :)

Anonymous said...

That's a big bear, sounds like a great day out too.

LifeRamblings said...

such a gorgeous bear. it must have been really cool to see them roaming around in their natural habitat.

FilipBlog said...

Great pictures, I like zoos where the animals have some space and a environment which is similar to their natural habitat. It is always smaller but better than a cage.

Greetings,
Filip

eastcoastlife said...

What a handsome grizzly bear! Would love to get a close up shot of the bear if I have the chance too.