Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Cold & Flu Season

Well, I've been sick on and off for the last 2 weeks. Being too arrogant about it, if you can use that term, I continued not to dress warmly as I should have and in the last two days, I had to stay home from work to suffer in silence. Yesterday, I spent all day & night in bed and taken more than my fair share of cold medication.

After all this time, I can't believe medical science has not found a cure for the common cold. I usually don't get sick more than once or twice a year and I have already gotten 2 colds in the last 2 months. Perhaps I should blame my work for keeping the place freezing or should I just blame it on bad luck?

I always feel guilty for not being at work, but all the health articles usually states one should stay home when one is sick as to not spread the germs around. The fun part is going back to work and trying to catch up on all the lost time and stacks of work waiting for me.

- AV

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AV,

I too have been sick the past two days. I have some sort of chest cold..and I hurt everytime I cough or move a certain way. I was hoping NOT to get sick this year but my luck wouldn't have it any other way. Hopefully I'll be better by Saturday because it is my son's birthday and we are having everyone over for a party. Talk about spreading the germs around! I hope you feel better soon!

AVCr8teur said...

Beth,

I know exactly how you feel. I'm sure you'll be okay by Saturday. Take care and have fun!

- AV

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Glad you are feeling better!